Tuesday, June 8, 2010

No Friends at 6:00 a.m.

So I have been faithfully following the Insanity workout schedule for the past week. I replaced the "Recovery" day with YogaX from P90X, but other than that it has remained the same. As is fabulously detailed on www.theinsanebride.blogspot.com each workout ends with me in a pile of exhaustion, dripping with sweat, and gasping for oxygen to curse, and with Shaun T without his shirt on and telling you to drink some sort of sponsored recovery drink.

This morning was no different. However, I had two revelations after finishing the workout. First, at the end of each video, Shaun T throws up a peace out and then all 10 or so people congregate and congratulate each other on the workout. And these aren't brief high fives or fist pounds, I'm talking full hugs with extended embraces. This always confuses me because everyone is dripping with sweat. The men all have their shirts off and the women in this video are rarely dressed in anything but a sports bra and some small workout shorts. Considering I am typically still searching for air when the workout ends, I don't understand how these people feel it would be a good idea to start hugging each other when they are all dripping with sweat. Its similar to what will happen this month in the World Cup. Really, what better way to commemorate a Soccer game than to receive a sweaty Jersey from a member of the opposing squad. Doesn't that make you want to play?

As I stood pondering this first thought(and still pouring sweat), a sense of resentment led me to be genuinely upset that I don't get to high five everyone too. There has to be some upside and I want to know what it is. I mean, I did the same workout they did, but probably took more breaks, I want the same recognition and validation. In vain, I searched my apartment to high five someone, but remembered that few others (besides my lovely bride to be) are even awake at 6:23 a.m. let alone putting themselves through Insanity hell. So I high fived myself, and made a mental note to high five the first person I saw today.

In wedding news, we are almost at the 100 day mark. I am considering making a paper chain a la grade school students make to count down the days before Christmas/End of the Year. I am considering using old jury instructions and correspondence from Access Group, but I feel like that would put a damper on the festivities. When its completed, I'm totally hanging it up around my office. It will go nicely with my ant farm and it will provide a good reminder that the train to Buff City is quickly approaching.

1 comment:

  1. Here is a HIGH 5 via blogspot (SMACK) !!! Keep up the good work !!!

    ReplyDelete